How many of you know about this service provided by Apple? If you know well and good and if you dont here we are giving you a guide on using this web-based tool.If your iPhone or iPod touch (or iPad or Mac) is missing, follow these steps to try to recover it:
Firstly, log in to iCloud using the account you used when setting up Find My iPhone. This is probably your Apple ID/iTunes account.
1. Click on Find iPhone under the web-based tools offered by iCloud. Find My iPhone immediately begins trying to locate all the devices you have it enabled on. You’ll see onscreen messages as it works.
2. If you have more than one device set up for Find My iPhone, click All Devices at the top of the screen and select the device you’re looking for.
3. If it locates your device, Find My iPhone zooms in on the map and shows the location of the device using a green dot. You can zoom in or out of the map, and view it in standard, satellite, and hybrid modes, like in Google Maps. When your device is found, a window appears in the right corner of your web browser.
4. Click Play Sound. This is the first option because sending a sound to the device is best when you think you’ve lost your device nearby. It can also be helpful if you think someone has your device but is denying it.
5. You can also click Lost Mode. This allows you to remotely lock the device’s screen and set a passcode even if you hadn’t previously set up a passcode. This prevents a thief from using your device or accessing your personal data.
Once you click the Lost Mode button, enter the passcode you want to use. You also have the option to write a message that is displayed on the device’s screen.
6. If you don’t think you’ll get the phone back, you can delete all data from the device. To do this, click the Erase button. Click the box that says you understand what you’re doing and click Erase. This will delete all the data on your phone, preventing the thief from accessing it.If you get the device back later, you can restore your data from backup.
7. If you think your device is on the move, click the green dot representing your phone and then click the rounded arrow in the pop-up window. This updates the device’s location using the latest GPS data.
Now on be safe you so that you dont lose your phone.Even if you lose,dont panic, just do as above!