How many of you have a home screen confusion on apple TV when you have many apps downloaded?
Home Screen Confusion happens when you have installed so many Apple TV apps you need. If you remember the name of the app you want to use you can ask Siri to launch it for you.Now lets see how to move and delete apps, and organize them into folders on Apple TV using the remote.
How to Move Apps Around
The downloaded apps in your Apple TV will appear at the bottom of your Home Screen, just below the last app you downloaded. But you might want to move and place your most used apps at the top of the Home Screen. To do this, follow the steps as given below:
• Using your Apple Siri Remote control (or an alternative) you should select the app you want to move.
• On a Siri Remote or an alternative remote with a touch surface, you should now depress the touch surface until the app begins to move.
• If you are using a remote that is not equipped with a touch surface then you should select the app and hold down the select button until the app begins to move.
• You can now move the selected, vibrating app by swiping left, right, down or up on your touch surface, or by using the directional keys on other remotes.
• Once you have moved your app to the position on the screen you prepare you just need to press the touch surface or press select once again to release the app.
• Repeat these steps for each app you wish to move.
How to Delete Apps You Don’t Need
The amount of space on your Apple TV is limited that you should regularly review the apps you have installed on your system .There are two ways to delete apps you don’t use any more.
1. In Settings: Open Settings>General>Manage Storage. In the next screen you will be provided with a list of the apps you have installed on your Apple TV. You can easily delete unwanted apps by tapping the Trash icon to the right of the app name. You can also check how much space each app is using in order to protect yourself against unexpected space hogs.
2. In Home Screen: Select and hold an app icon using your remote control as described above, only this time once it begins to vibrate you should press the Play/Pause button and then choose Delete in the menu that appears.
How to Create and Use Folders
If you have a large collections of games, videos, or even keep fit apps on your Apple TV, you may want to put them all inside folders to make them easier to find and in an organized pattern. To do so, follow the instructions as described above.
• Once you have selected and are moving an app you just need to “drop” the app onto another similar app and a folder will be created.
• You will be given the chance to name the folder and the two apps will then be tucked away inside of the folder.
Now you can identify, select and move other appropriate apps to the folder. You can even store folders in the top shelf for easy access. To move the app out of a folder, drag it out.