Wine has released its development release 1.3.19 with improved D3DX9, better mouse events, more MSVC runtime functions and many more. As usual it comes with many fixes. It has now fixed the small crashes in Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and Mass Effect 2.
If don’t know what is WINE, It lets you run Windows software on other Linux (and other OS). With Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would in Windows.
Whats’ New in WINE 1.3.19
- New sound driver architecture for MMDevAPI
- Better support for relative mouse events in DInput
- Debugger support for the ARM platform
- Various improvements in D3DX9
- More MSVC runtime functions
- Various bug fixes
Read the complete list changelog and bug fixes from here
Open the terminal and run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.3