The original iPad vs Samsung Galaxy Tab was the greatest gadget war of the year 2010 and it gave new heights to user experience with internet and 3G, without compromising on portability. In 2011, this war between tablet brands have gone fathoms ahead with the release of Apple iPad2 and Motorola Xoom.
When we made a comparison with both the gadgets considering the specifications released by Apple and Motorola, the Xoom stands over its competitor by a huge margin.
Xoom is better than iPad2 for the following reasons:
- Network: Works in both 3G and 4G compared to the 3G band in iPad2
- Operating system: Android 3 (Honey comb) will be any day better than iOS 4.3
- Screen size: 10.1″ (1200 X 800) compared to 9.7″ (1024 X 768) in iPad 2
- Camera: 5MP at the rear with LED flash and 2MP in the front
- Connectivity: HDMI. iPad seriously lack that port
- Memory expandability: SD card slot for memory expandability and data portability
iPad 2 will be a better option only for people considering the following:
- Apple Brand image
- Over 65000 supporting apps for now but don’t forget the strength of Android developer community
Considering the increasing popularity of Android devices and the ever increasing number of applications from a dedicated global developer community, the Motorola Xoom seems to be a better option and more future proof. We hope porting it with Ubuntu – the most popular linux distribution, will heat up things and take the war to next level. For those of you who think that the Xoom is no way a comparison to iPad 2 and that its real competitor hasn’t arrived yet, then lets wait; after all we can’t predict what’s next in this digital world!