Lubuntu developers are currently debating over the default application in the upcoming Lubuntu 11.04, the lightweight Ubuntu spin which scheduled to release April 2011.
Here’s what has been discussed:
- Webcam application ‘Cheese’ is being removed from Lubuntu due in part to its new dependency on Clutter. GTK+ UVC Viewer will replace it.
- The login screen, currently served by LXDM, will most likely be replaced with the newer, lighter and more customizable ‘LightDM‘
- It was discussed to move to a better archive tool ‘file-roller’ which replace the current tool xarchiver.
- Audio player DeaDBeeF was chosen however several developers are in favour of current default Aqualung.
- There is a huge debate on which control center should be used, ‘Lubuntu Control Centre’ or the new styled ‘Tuquito’ control centre.
So what do you think?