Transmission is a simple BitTorrent client. It features a very simple, intuitive interface (gui and command-line) on top on an efficient, cross-platform back-end. Transmission differs from bigger clients like μTorrent, Vuze, and BitComet in that it is volunteer-based, open source, and noncommercial.Transmission is designed to for easy, powerful use. Iit only takes a few clicks to configure advanced features like watch directories, bad peer blocklists, and the web interface. When Ubuntu chose Transmission as its default BitTorrent client, one of the most-cited reasons was its easy learning curve. Transmission has the lowest memory footprint of any major BitTorrent client.
The GTK+ interface has been carefully written to follow the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines. If your desktop supports popup notifications, desktop sounds, and a system tray, the GTK+ interface will make use of them.
- Uses fewer resources than other clients
- Native Mac, GTK+ and Qt GUI clients
- Daemon ideal for servers, embedded systems, and headless use
- All these can be remote controlled by Web and Terminal clients
- Bluetack (PeerGuardian) blocklists with automatic updates
- Full encryption, DHT, PEX and Magnet Link support
Open the terminal and run the following commands:-
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:transmissionbt/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get transmission