BleachBit quickly frees disk space, removes hidden junk, and easily guards your privacy. It is an alternate of ccleaner in ubuntu. Erase cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, remove unused localizations, shred logs, and delete temporary files.Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 70 applicationsincluding Firefox, Internet Explorer, Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Adobe Reader, APT, and more.
Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster.
BleachBit has many useful features designed to help you easily clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy.
* Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
* Multi-platform: Linux and Windows
* Free of charge
* Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
* Free of adware, spyware, and malware
* Translated to 40 languages: Arabic, Asturian, Belarusian, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Low German, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Tamil, Thai and Turkish.
* Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
* Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
* Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
* Portable app for Windows: run without installation
* Command line interface for scripting and automation
* CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
* Frequent software updates with new features
Use BleachBit to:
* Free disk space
* Reduce the size of backups and the time to create them by removing unnecessary files
* Maintain privacy
* Improve system performance (by vacuuming the Firefox database, for example)
* Prepare whole disk images for compression (common for “ghost” backups and virtual machines) by wiping free disk space
To Install BleachBit in ubuntu 10.10, 10.04, 9.10
You need to download .deb packages from here once you have deb package install by double clicking on it.