ArchAssistant is an application that gives you quick access to different aspects of the administration settings in Arch Linux. It has a option to switch network profiles in the system (using the netcfg command line), which is very useful for laptop users.
- Quick access to files on the host (ie rc.conf, profile, pacman.conf, xorg.conf …) through a built-in simple text editor.
- Netcfg2 front-end: quite complete GUI for the Arch of the system network profile. You can connect, create and edit network profiles in a few clicks. ArchAssistant has an automatic start function which allows the application to connect to the wifi network first discovered in the boot.
- Pacman part has been mostly disabled (not working as expected).
- The collection of the most useful command lines to check the system information.
- Custom application launcher menu
- Clipboard download url with your favorite download manager
- Load / eject the CD-ROM tray
- Instant connection wizard
- English, translations into French, German
To install in Arch Linux open the terminal and type:
su - yaourt -S archassistant