VLC 1.1.5 was released yesterday, with some small feature updates and bug fixes. There are small changes like GME and live .webm support and an integrated listing of web-shows directly in the playlist. Many bugfixes, updated translations are also part of this release.
What’s new in 1.1.5
– It has has about 1000 Web-shows listing integrated inside VLC’s playlist, provided by Channels.com
(These can be accessed by going to View > Playlist > Internet)
– Translations were updated, and new translations in Asturian, Armenian and Modern Greek were added
– New Game Music Emu (GME) support
– live .webm streams support along with updated codecs
– Miscellaneous fixes on all interfaces, demuxers and decoders modules.
To install VLC 1.1.5 in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat (with video acceleration – according to the PPA description), type the following commands in the terminal (ctrl+alt+T)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc
To install in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynyx enter in the terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc2 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc