VLC 1.1.6 has now been released for quite some time. We have discussed earlier how to install VLC 1.1.6 in Ubuntu 10.10 via PPA. In this post I am including a PPA through which you can get VLC 1.1.6 on your Ubuntu. This might contain some bugs as the PPA is still under development.
I recently updated my VLC through this PPA, and I don’t have any problems so far. If you are still anxious to try it out, continue reading.
So, What’s new in VLC 1.1.6
- Security updates in codecs and demuxers
- Support for RTP/PCM 24bits, audio/L24
- Faster Webm/VP8 decoding
- Major updates in most language translations
- KDE and PulseAudio integration improvements
- Subtitles fixes and improvements
- Improvements in visualizations and interfaces
- Codecs Package updated
To install VLC 1.1.6 on your Ubuntu 10.04, open the terminal and copy/paste:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lucid-bleed/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc vlc-plugin-pulse mozilla-plugin-vlc
If you have tried it out please leave a comment….