AppSync is now available for iOS 4.2.1. It lets you install cracked apps on iOS 4.2.1 firmware by patching the MobileInstallation file on iOS 4.2.1. Once you have installed AppSync iOS 4.2 on your iDevice running jailbroken iOS 4.2.1, you’ll be able to install cracked apps (.ipa files) on your iDevice without using iTunes.
Follow these simple steps:
- Start “Cydia” on your iDevice.
- Select “Manage” tab on the bottom and then “Sources”.
- Now select “Edit”, and then click on “Add”.
- Now you will be prompted to enter a URL source. Type “http://cydia.hackulo.us” and click on “Add Source”. Now let the Cydia complete source adding process.
- After Installation completes, tap on search tab of Cydia and source of “AppSync for iOS 4.2” and tap on the Appsync app presented in search result and complete app installation process.
You should now be able install .ipa files manually on iOS 4.2.1.