2ClickUpdate is a front-end app for system upgrades that checks and installs updates, deletes unnecessary files and cleans up after installing the updates. 2ClickUpdate is a shell script with a simple interface, provided by GUI Zenity using the axel (similar to apt-fast).
It provides much faster downloads than the regular updates. 2ClickUpdate runs on any Linux Debian / Ubuntuand automatically performs the following actions:
- Updates the package list.
- Install the latest updates for your applications and system libraries.
- Removes packages that were installed automatically to satisfy dependencies of some packages that are no longer necessary.
- Remove the packages and configuration files that do not require any other software on your system.
- Deletes all files stored in the cache of packages that are no longer in the repositories or have a newer version in the repositories.
- Clears the cache of downloaded packages to free up some space
2ClickUpdate is available in 20 languages and the latest version is 6.0, it works with Ubuntu 10.10.