Now the final version of Fedora 14 codename Laughlin is available! Fedora is a fast, stable, and powerful operating system for everyday use built by a worldwide community of friends. It’s completely free to use, study, and share, Fedora 14 dose not include any changes (especially new visual) as in Ubuntu 10.10.
- Installation process is easier and faster.
- Compression / Decompression of JPEG is faster. It replaces ibjpeg with libjpeg-turbo to bring speed improvements
- Improvements and upgrades related to programming languages: F14 introduces language D, which combines the power of C and C + + with the programmer productivity of modern languages like Ruby and Python
- Improved tools for developers: NetBeans 6.9, Eclipse Helios 3.6, language D.
- KDE 4.5: includes many stability and performance improvements.
- Sugar 0.90: includes enhancements for the login screen and control panel, and also supports 3G networks.
- MeeGo 1.0, is introduced to enhance the experience of Fedora on netbooks.
- IPMI Server Management Made Simple: ipmiutil, is a very simple to use tool that allows you to manage servers. Includes a variety of functions that are personalized with only a few simple commands.
- Spice, is a new tool that makes easier interactivity in virtual desktops.
- Linux Kernel 2.6.35
- Gnome 2.32
- Plasma KDE Desktop 4.5.0
- OpenOffice.org 3.3
- NetBeans 6.9
- Helios Eclipse 3.6
- Python 2.7
- Perl 5.12
- MeeGo 1.0
For more information, do not forget to read the release notes.
Download Fedora from here.